We live in a world over-saturated with entertainment, and this leaves brands having to compete for the limited attention spans of ever-distracted people in a matter of moments.
Any marketing effort has to capture attention quickly, preferably within the first three seconds, in order to be effective.
It’s scientifically proven that as humans, we respond better to visual elements than simply reading text: so motion design is a great way to capture attention and get a point across on a variety of platforms.
Motion design visually conceptualizes ideas and information through a mix of animation, video, sound, infographics, and animated text, making it easier for potential clients and customers to understand what you do and take action.
Best of all, they’re easier it’s shared on social media and add as site content! All of this makes your brand more personable and boosts engagement.
Using motion design in your brand’s content will help increase engagement. Twitter’s data has proven this to be true, noting video views increased by 62% from 2019 to 2020.
If you want to raise your sales and customer engagement, the sky’s the limit – with the help of effective motion design!
What is Motion Design?
Motion design is a field that uses animation and visual effects to apply graphic design ideas to movie and video production. Examples include films, videos, animated text, and web-based animations and apps.
So essentially, motion design makes up the majority of content – both online and offline – that you consume every day.
As digital technologies continue to create innovations in the world of experiential graphic design, motion design is becoming an increasingly important competency.
It’s no secret the internet loves videos.
No matter what kind of product or service you offer, incorporating motion design into your brand’s content will yield better engagement, traffic, and conversions for your business.
Without further ado, here are the types of motion design you can use to elevate your brand to new heights!
Types of Motion Design
Motion design has evolved as a direct result of technology improvements. With many traditional environmental graphic design installations now incorporating digital components, motion design becomes an important tool in the modern marketing strategy.
1. Animated Logos
A logo is critical in defining the overall worth of your brand. Top companies know this, which is why they invest a lot in logo design.
Research done by the University of Loyola discovered that color will increase brand recognition by up to 80% – need more proof? The majority of people (including you) associate blue with Pepsi and red with Coca-Cola!
There is no limit to creativity when designing an animated logo:
- By adding special effects and animation to your video, you can leave an impression on people’s minds
- Your potential clients and customers will remember your brand if you send a strong signal right at the beginning with a powerful logo!
- A great agency (like us!) can add some motion and different visual effects that will set your logo apart from others
2. Animated Titles
A title animation – also called an intro or an opening sequence – is the method used in video content (like films and ads!) to show, well, the title of the video (as the name suggest)! and introduce the content or cast, using motion design.
As we have established before, people can’t get enough of videos…
BUT they only show strong preferences for short and eye-catching content. So how do we take advantage of this?
- Grab their attention right off the bat! In the video marketing world, time is CRUCIAL – start your video with an engaging animation!
- A strong, dynamic yet fun introduction will make sure that your audience remembers your brand, and increase the likeliness of them sharing your content online. Free advertising? Why not!
- A good example is this lively animated title from Formula 1’s 2022 Bahrain Grand Prix “Weekend Warm-up”.
- What’s so good about it? Within the first 8 seconds, they managed to show the accomplished drivers’ profile AND hype you up for the interview with their dynamic title.
- Notice the animated copy and personalized profiles of each person? They might seem simple, but they’re effective; and let’s admit it, in a sea of interview videos, you gotta stand out!
3. Infographic Videos
An animated infographic is a fun and interesting way of visualizing whatever pieces of information your brand needs to give to the audience, using a mix of imagery, illustrations, charts (believe it or not, maths can be fun), graphs, text, and other creative elements… animated to add movement.
If, like us, you have been paying attention to video marketing trends over the recent years, you would know that infographics are one of the top few contents that you can use in your marketing strategy.
- Animated elements catch the eye. There is no denying it, with the right motion design style, an infographic video will be the most effective content you can possibly use to market your brand
- How? Due to its nature, infographic videos simplify complex or lengthy information into short and entertaining content.
- Combine with the fact that animation helps highlight the details and put a fun spin into the video… You get the best of both worlds.
- Take a look at this cool infographic video we created for Unity mine.
- Notice how we were able to simplify complex news and insights into an interesting infographic in less than 2 minutes? If you’re not utilizing motion design into your educational videos yet, you are totally missing out!
4. Explainer Videos
Explainer videos are bits of video content, usually around one to two minutes in length, and come in many forms – from traditional content, whiteboard animation, 2D, or 3D.
They are short and easy to share; not to mention, they are also an effective way of driving loads of traffic to your website or page!
You can think of it as the digital-age equivalent of an elevator pitch for a business’s product or service – always just one play button away from any of your potential customers, employees, or investors out there!
- They can be shown as YouTube ads or displayed on landing pages, social media, and email campaigns
- You can also use them in paid TV ads, trade show booths, sales pitch presentations, and more. They’re highly versatile and customizable!
- Creating an animated explainer video becomes easier and faster when you work with an awesome motion design team. Schedule a consultation with us today to get started!
What Can You Do with Motion Design?
Fortunately, you have come to the right place!
Great motion design can be used in whatever areas you want – business, marketing, IT solutions, motion picture industry, education, healthcare, social networks, or entertainment. It’s the Swiss-Army knife of digital marketing!
The power of fantastic motion design for your brand is that it conveys complex imagery, ideas, concepts, and a large quantity of data in a short, easy, and visually engaging way.
As a result, it allows effective communication in the least time possible while effortlessly capturing and holding the viewer’s attention.
Here are some of the cool stuff you can do with motion design…
1. Interactive User Content
Interactive user content is any content that requires its audience to engage with it.
For instance, a fun quiz that requires site visitors to answer a handful of questions before they can get an answer or a prize!
Similarly, a poll demands its audience to vote before they can see what others like them are choosing.
This element of engagement is exactly what makes interactive content, well, interactive – who doesn’t love a “Choose your own adventure” game?
- From boosting engagement to better SEO and brand loyalty, there’s a lot to reap from interactive user content
- Interactive user content is both unique and engaging, which makes it useful for improving prospective customers’ experience
- Additionally, as more and more people find value in your interactive content, they also start talking about it. For you, all this means increased word of mouth and referrals!
2. Engaging Ads for Your Brand
In order to compete with other brands’ entertaining ads, you need to create something more interesting.
So, to catch people’s attention, your marketing video must be story-focused, instead of bombarding the audience with sales.
Motion design here is the best choice possible: you have so many alternatives for adding different elements to your content since each animation style has a unique method of story-telling.
- The visual power of animated videos proved to be extremely effective these days
- For example, many big brands like McDonald’s, Twitter, or Google use animation to depict their services in a fun, engaging way
- You can’t present your values, strong sides, or just the “mood” of the product through direct communication with the audience
- This is where motion design can make everything more engaging, interesting… and can make people fall in love with your brand!
3. Attention-grabbing Product Showcase
An entertaining product showcase with animation gives your audience an opportunity to visually engage with your products even before it has been created.
It also provides a walk-through of the product’s usability for an alternative to expensive high-end video production and its limitations, with all the goodness of animation!
- Animated product videos introduce an entertainment factor
- In this digital era, most potential and existing customers are no longer interested in old-style content marketing campaigns…
- When you present the information in an animated way in your promotional video, people will get interested and watch it severally!
- Remember, entertaining animations are the most shared content on social sites.
4. Cool Informative Videos
With educational content, your brand shows customers how to solve their problems (with your product) or to inform them about something. Each animated video contains an infographic-style element, done in an engaging way.
An informative video is longer than a promo – the point is that it drives an entirely different volume for viewers. Do you want to explain a complex concept in a fun way?
- Well, the best way to represent information is to use an infographic animation…
- Which is a combination of imagery, illustrations, charts, graphs, text, and other elements
- An eye-catching and informative video will boost your engagement and build loyalty, as well as trust with your customers
- Key takeaway: people love learning new things. Give it to them!
Why Your Brands Needs Motion Design
By now, you have learned about the benefits of incorporating motion design into your business (if not, then dude – scroll up!)
It helps your brand stand out among competitors as well as set cool trends. People spend approximately 2.6x more time browsing pages with videos than without. As forecasted, videos are expected to reach 82% of internet traffic by 2021.
It also makes brand content shareable across social networks. People share social video 1200% more than simple text and static pictures combined. Facebook videos, in turn, have approximately 8 billion views daily.
Another cool fun fact: did you know that a website is 53 times more likely to be shown on Google’s first page if it includes motion design?
Motion design is a powerful tool to win the audience’s attention. It also increases conversions, boosts brand awareness, and helps consumers understand all types of products and services…
So, are you ready to use it?
1. It Makes Your Content Memorable
Research shows that people retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video in comparison with 10% when reading it in a text!
According to research conducted by MIT neuroscientists, our brains process visual information very fast — about 13 milliseconds.
Imagine if you had a punchy brand video full of eye-catching elements and a fun vibe…
Can you hear it? That’s the sound of your sales going through the roof!
- Motion design videos are memorable because they’re short and get straight to the point
- Your competitors are monetizing on this, don’t get left behind!
- With motion design videos, you can pack all the important information in just a minute in an engaging way
- This allows your target market to easily understand and share it with families, and friends who they feel are interested in the product or service in the video!
2. It Increases Customer Engagement
When the Melbourne Metro wanted to run an ad campaign for safety around trains, they had a few options.
They could invest heavily in posters, hire a few local actors to enact “safety scenes,” or break the mold and try out a motion design animation…along with an ear-worm of a song.
210 million viewers think they chose right.
- These days, your content can “go viral” by being entertaining enough to warrant a retweet or share on social media.
- In a 2020 survey of 500 different marketers, 93% of brands got a new customer because of a video on social media…
- By putting your brand in front of the customer in a new and exciting way, you’re demonstrating that you are indeed an exciting company
- Four times as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it
- By adding an element of visual energy to your message, people are more likely to digest the information you’re putting in front of them and start them on your buyers’ journey!
3. It Illustrates Information Better
Remember the Melbourne Metro video you just saw?
We know, we know… it looks cute AND silly, but it is highly effective at taking a dry concept (train safety) and making it memorable. It is one of the top examples of motion design done right. Go ahead and look it up if you’re still in doubt!
Moreover, it is effective. It uses simple language and hyperbole to make an extremely important point: Playing around train tracks is just as dumb as setting your hair on fire.
- The human brain is amazing at remembering pictures when compared to other mediums – If you hear a piece of information, generally three days later you’ll only remember 10% of what you learned…
- Pair relevant information with imagery? You’ll remember 65% of it!
- Complex data, facts, figures, and stats can be transformed into engaging, moving content in a marginally shorter timeframe than reading the same information
- The benefits are clear: simple messages that turn your website and wider brand into an authoritative resource that your target audience will come back to use time and time again
4. It’s Highly Shareable
The value of motion design often surpasses the main scope they were created for.
An animated video can be split up and used throughout social media platforms, for building further campaigns and creating articles.
Have an audience that’s active across multiple channels? Just a few tweaks to the core content can create an entirely new, engaging marketing campaign on a different social network.
- People love sharing content around the internet (raise your hand if you relate to this 🙋🏻)
- 92% of users watching video on mobile will share it with others, making it an invaluable resource for reaching new audiences and engaging with people who may not have heard of you before!
- Motion design is inherently shareable, creating organic growth for any marketing campaign 🙂
5. It’s Effective and Affordable
When some people think about video marketing, they usually envisage a whole filming crew on location, costing thousands.
Today, that’s simply not the case anymore; with technology constantly evolving and new additions and developments in design software, the cost of creating an animated advert, explainer video, or motion graphics has never been more affordable!
If you want to advertise yourself with creative marketing, then motion design is a fantastic choice.
- Motion design cuts down costs considerably
- How? It cuts out the expense of having someone to explain something that a few graphics can easily do!
- With great animation design, you need far less time, money, and effort to create eye-catching motion pictures
- Whatever your budget, there’s always a creative solution to create something incredibly visual and impressive for your audience with motion design!
Captivating motion design has been shown to be the most effective method of marketing your company.
If done correctly with the perfect balance of visual and audio features, it effectively conveys your message.
It’s simple: the more people who watch, read, and interact with your content, the more people will trust your brand, product, or service.
The result? You become an expert on whom people want to depend, and who they want to follow – rather than a company just focusing on selling their products.
In addition to all of the above, motion design content enables you to really tap into your creativity.
You can design any scenario you want with an infinite number of factors. And, in a world where money is a factor in the development of any video, motion design videos are more tolerant of an affordable budget.
In essence, you get what you pay for when it comes to motion design. However, you do not have to spend a fortune to develop a video that effectively delivers your idea.
Whether you’re telling a story, offering fascinating facts, or illustrating a complex subject, motion design allows you to portray your brand in an infinite number of ways.