In the world of digital marketing, it’s no secret that video reigns supreme 👑
This is evident in Animoto’s Consumer and Marketer Insights 2020 where 91 percent of video marketers report an increase in ROI, with 93 percent saying video has directly led to a significant increase in customers.
Yes, video is an effective marketing tool.
However, video is everywhere.
And in marketing, you must make yourself heard over the noise.
Enter motion graphics.
Fun fact? This type of motion content was formerly exclusive for the film industry!
The opening and closing titles both included dynamic images, breathing life into them. And now, after decades of development, they are widely utilized in video marketing content (thank you, technology!)
So, in simpler words, motion graphics are animated visual components.
Marketers utilize motion graphics for a range of uses, including explainer videos, since they help to simplify a concept. Also, they have an awesome look, making them perfect for posting on social media! 👨💻
If you haven’t utilized motion graphics for your business, then you are missing out big time. Major international brands are using it, your competitors are using it – don’t get left behind and hop on the cool wagon! 🚐
Still, need some convincing?
Here are 6 amazing ways motion graphics can increase your digital marketing performance…
Why Motion Graphics?
What’s not to love about videos?
Dynamic, engaging, fun to watch, and easy to share, videos have taken the digital marketing world by storm. They are like the Swiss-army knife of marketing; incredibly versatile, super convenient, and extremely effective 📈
Another good thing about videos? You can track their performance. With video content, you won’t have to guess if your strategy is working or not because you’ll see the numbers.
People consume videos on a daily basis now more than ever before. Video views will account for 82% of all internet traffic by 2022.
There are many types of video content available almost everywhere we look… But what works better?
That depends on the objectives and goals of your business – however, in the era of digital marketing, keeping up with the trend is also important. This is where motion graphics come into play!
So combine all of these benefits with the goodness that only motion graphics can give you and you will get the best of both worlds 🤝
The end result? Stellar sales numbers and brand awareness.
Let’s get on with it and learn about the 6 fundamental ways motion graphics will increase your brand’s marketing performance!
Conversion Rate Optimisation
Did you know that a video with motion graphic elements placed on the landing page improve conversion by 86% compared to text pages only?
Not only that, motion graphic content videos improve click-through rates by 65% and decrease unsubscribes by 26%!
Videos are liked, shared, reacted to, and commented on more than any other content – according to BuzzSumo, video posts get at least 59% more engagement than other post types.
If you post a video, you can just sit back and watch the likes roll in while people spread the content for you all across the web. Effortless and hassle-free? Yes please!🙋♂️
- Including a video on your landing page can increase conversion by more than 80%
- It draws people in and makes you and your company real to a client in one minute or less. An interesting video can not only bring a product to life, but it can also make a meaningful difference in your bottom line!
- A good example is how Sales Mate uses a “How It Works” button to explain their service using an animated video
- Because it’s engaging and dynamic, it drives traffic and encourages their audience to join for a “free sign up”!
Videos are a great way to get information across quickly and concisely.
In just a minute or two, you can tell your audience everything they need to know about a product or service. And our brains are naturally wired for visual information 🧠
Proof? More than 80% of the information our brains process is visual, according to research done by Killer Visual Strategies.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a product video could very well be worth a thousand sales. This is one marketing force you can’t afford to ignore.
It’s pretty clear: Motion graphics are a multi-sensory experience that enables people to understand and remember your brand 😎
- Research shows that video now appears in 70% of the top 100 search results listings and that viewers are anywhere from 64-85% more likely to buy after watching a product video!
- Take notes from the WordPress Software Elementor, which has a library of over 1000 videos to help ensure their customers can effectively use their software
- The majority of videos are simple screen recordings, but always edited with motion graphics to add a personal touch and help educate users, as seen below:
Brand awareness is a key influencer in the sales process.
Not only should customers know your name, but your customers need to know that your brand image is aligned with their values!
Why? Because once they relate to your brand, loyalty and trust will organically grow. These translate to higher sales! Ka-ching!💰
The best way to do that today is with an engaging video that enhances your plain-text content marketing strategy – and you will achieve it by utilizing motion graphics!
- A brand’s website by itself isn’t enough today. You have to be where your audience is! 🔍
- Social platforms appeal to different demographics and are used to display content for different purposes…
- So, you SHOULD optimize your video content to fit each platform’s audience. Posting on Instagram? Upload a cool animation story. Tik Tok? Simple yet effective VFX will always win your viewers’ attention.
- Success story: Revolut’s video is the perfect example.
- This video uses a mixture of 2D and 3D animation to represent the brand online, and drive awareness of Revolut’s contemporary, simplistic offering.
Drive More Traffic
It’s estimated that by 2022, 82 percent of the global internet traffic will come from video streaming and downloads.
That’s an 88 percent increase in traffic share from the 72.3 percent in 2017!
If the above video marketing statistics have yet to convince you of its benefits, how’s this to sway you: the time people spend watching videos online is increasing 👀
In 2019, users spent a weekly average of six hours and 48 minutes watching online videos, and all signs currently suggest that this will continue to increase!
- Taking advantage of our love for video, create engaging content with the help of motion graphics, and watch your traffic increase in no time!
- Take a look at this cool example from Monday.com (insert this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-7awVpecvU)
- Colorful, dynamic, and just under the perfect duration, this video shows how shareable motion graphic content can drive traffic to a brand
- Key takeaways? Motion graphic adds that perfect ✨ razzle-dazzle✨ to keep your audience entertained and wanting more!
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Wistia found that people spend 2.6x longer on webpages that have videos than ones that don’t. Even if it’s the difference between one minute and two, that’s a good thing for your website!
Most of the time, when your customers search for content, they would rather watch a video explaining a concept or showing a product in use. An entertaining motion graphic video that’s ALSO easily available will also go farther with the help of social sharing 👫 📱
When people spend longer on your page, Google bumps it up in the search results.
A motion graphic can help you overtake the competition and reach customers by drawing people to your page and keeping them there.
In short? Videos are easy to share across all social platforms, helping them achieve virality faster.
- It’s pure facts: motion graphic improves your SEO ranking and performance
- Video with motion graphics ranks higher in online searches with 62% of Google universal searches including video
- This means more people will be exposed to your video than they would be to any article.
- You can use motion graphics’ powerful characteristics to create funny or infotainment videos that appeal to a large audience motivated to share them so they go viral in an instant! 🌎
- Staying on the theme of Project Management software, notice how these three videos using motion graphics rank on page 1 of google for a highly competitive term like “Project Management Software”
Before we get started: What is UX? And why is it important? 🤔
UX is the technical term for User Experience (you’re welcome, BTW).
When it comes to video marketing, UX is paramount in overall effectiveness.
Why? Think about it: bad UX will definitely reduce how effective your outreach is overall, especially when it comes to visual advertisement.
Have you ever been annoyed (and really frustrated 🤦♂️) by lengthy, pretentious, and boring YouTube commercials that keep playing? You know, the ones that make you feel like you’ve lost 30 years of your life just watching them? (This is something we can all relate to. Unfortunately.)
This is why UX, or user experience, is quickly becoming a major factor in how successful your video marketing efforts will be.
- People are impatient: get to the point! You need to catch their attention, promise them some sort of relevant information, then deliver fast – how?
- Give them what they want… colorful, eye-catching, irresistible things (did a Raven write this? 🐦 No. People also like shiny things. Blame the evolution.)
- There are certainly products or services that don’t lend themselves to humor, but where you can successfully inject that which is entertaining, funny, or otherwise “fun” with motion graphics, you’re going to engage more people for longer.
- Great examples? Major brands like Deliveroo and Go-Jek use motion graphics to improve their UX and make their customers’ life easier
- Take a look at this animation (insert this https://lottiefiles.com/98328-video)
- It’s lightweight, entices the viewer to watch it while the animation is eye-catching and draws attention!
- It also is smaller in size than a standard PNG and therefore doesn’t decrease the speed of your website/application!
As you can see, motion graphic video is one of the strongest trends of our time, which has captured all industries without exception.
Refusing to use it is like deliberately building a wall between your brand and your customers (We don’t want that!).
Right now, it makes sense to think about how you will use motion graphics in your marketing strategy, and we are always here to help.
Ready to elevate your brand and reach new heights in the business world?
Send us a message and let’s team up to achieve your best content yet.